Thursday, September 25, 2014

Scholar Stories: Alumni: Arturo Frausto

Arturo Frausto is a HSC Scholar Alumni from Austin, TX. He graduated from Texas State University with a Spanish Major and a International Studies Minor in 2013. He is currently employed as a New Construction Manager at KB Homes.

"HSC has helped gain confidence in my abilities to grow as a leader and a person. HSC has made me believe with personal effort and vision goals can be accomplished through actions, not just dreaming."

Arturo shares his current goals and his personal and educational plans for the future.
"My goal is to do my job well and strive as a construction manager to build rapport with vendors in the construction industry.In my personal life I strive to grow in virtues such as discipline, courage, decision making. In my academic career I have given a thought to go to Graduate School but I have not come across a career that interests me that would move me to apply."

Arturo shares some key advice that he learned from his time at Texas State University.
"My advice to college students would be strive to get your work done between 9 and 4 each day. If you do so, you’ll have time to get involved in different organization that will help you grow and meet new people. Go to your career services and build up your resume. Life gets real and reach out if you need it. Remember, you have to “make moves, make something happen, take action, do a little digging (find information about a topic) ask, ask ask!” You shouldn’t wait to be handed everything. (Advice from my career field).

To help create more leaders like Arturo, please donate here.

No comments:

Post a Comment