Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Student Stories: Daisy Aguirre

Daisy has been in the HSC Scholar program since 2012. She is a recipient of the Dr. Janis Guerrero Thompson Memorial Scholarship. She currently pursuing a degree in Bilingual Elementary Education at the The University of Texas at Austin. 


"HSC has motivated me to keep my grades up and give to the community. HSC enforces community service and has motivated me to volunteer and get experience. I have volunteered at schools, helping the students with their work. It has helped me prepare for my future as a teacher."

Daisy credits HSC for her hard-work and perseverance throughout school. "HSC requires a strong GPA in order to maintain our scholarships. I study in advance, as well as do my homework ahead of time, which has helped me be a better student." Daisy is preparing to graduate May of 2016. After graduation, Daisy hopes to become Bilingual Elementary teacher in Austin.



No comments:

Post a Comment