Thursday, September 25, 2014

Scholar Stories: Alumni: Krysta Atkinson


Krysta Atkinson is an HSC Alumni who graduated from Colorado State University with a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work  in 2012. She is a native of Killeen, TX and is currently employed as a Administrative/Scholarship Program Coordinator at UT-Austin.


"As a first generation student I was so thankful for the financial support from HSC. Decreasing the financial burden took a huge weight off my mother's shoulders and my own. Getting my bachelor's degree was such a great accomplishment for me and for my family. It was something my mother had always wanted for me. HSC contributed greatly to my professional development by teaching me how to interact/network with other professionals and excel in an interview situation. I can say that this knowledge helped me to gain the knowledge and skills I needed to be a working professional."

Krysta plans to continue with her education and earn a PhD as well as work with non-profit organizations.
"I would like to continue my education in a Master's program, and later a PhD program. I would like to work in the non-profit or government sector to contribute to public policy changes and funding for education and assisting low income families. I would continue to enjoy working with under represented students and supporting them with academic resources and mentoring."


"HSC, the staff and board members have a wealth of knowledge and experience - do not hesitate to use your resources.
Time management is probably one of the biggest skills I benefited from as a student - balancing my time well truly helped me to succeed."


To help fund student's dream of reaching their educational goals, donate here.

No comments:

Post a Comment